Sexual life reconnection: Depression and sex life
The best way to eliminate sexual problems associated with depression is to treat and cure the illness. As patients begin to feel better about themselves they begin to see their lives improving in all sorts of way, including their love lives. Remember that seeking for treatment in good time will help you cope with your sex problems if you discuss your depression and its effect on your sexuality with your doctor and your partner. We appreciate that it can be very difficult to open up about these sorts of problems, but if your partner understands that the issue lies with an illness and not the relationship, he may be better able to support you through treatment.
If the antidepressant you take is interfering with your sexuality, your doctor can change your prescription to another drug. There are many antidepressants in the market now, and each has different effects on different people. You and your doctor can work together to find the right treatment for your depression with the least impact on your love life.
Sexual life reconnection: Signs of depression
If you are depressed, you will probably notice some of the following:
- Feel unhappy, miserable, down, depressed. The feeling just won’t go away and can be worse at a particular time of day, normally first thing in the morning
- Can’t enjoy anything
- Lose interest in seeing people and lose touch with friends
- Lose concentration in most of the things you undertake
- Feel guilty about things that have nothing to do with you
- Become pessimistic
- Start to feel hopeless, and perhaps even suicidal.
In your body you may find that you
- Can’t get to sleep
- Wake early in the morning and throughout the night
- Lose interest in sex
- Can’t eat and lose weight
- Comfort eat’ more and put on weight.
Depression and pleasures of your sex life and what other people may notice that you
- Making mistakes and losing focus at work
- Seem unusually quiet and withdrawn
- Worry about things more than usual
- Are more irritable than usual
- Complain about vague physical problems
- Stop looking after yourself properly, in other words, you don’t shave, wash your hair, look after your clothes
- Stop looking after your home properly you stop cooking, don’t tidy, forget to change the sheets on your bed.
Sexual life reconnection: Anxiety
Some men also feel very anxious when they become depressed. This makes them feel pushed on edge all the time, worried, fearful, and may find it hard to go out or to face people. Anxiety can also cause physical symptoms like dry mouth, sweating, shakiness, palpitations, breathlessness, stomach churning and diarrhea. All these are effects of being depressed which needs to be corrected. When corrected professionally, sexual life reconnection takes effect almost automatically. Finally, having read his article, we may not know your struggles. But if this in any way describes your situation, you can get help by scheduling an appointment with doctor Dalal Akoury today and all your concerns will be addressed professionally.