Integrative Cancer Therapy in Myrtle Beach, SC
Integrative cancer therapy (ICT) provides a personal, comprehensive and unique approach to oncology. The primary goal of integrative oncology is to treat each cancer uniquely depending on the patient’s needs.
Request more information about integrative cancer therapy now: Call (843) 213-1480 or contact Dr. Dalal Akoury online.
What is Integrative Cancer Therapy?
Integrative cancer therapy (ICT) is a treatment protocol designed to target both developing and advanced cancers. Combining both conventional and alternative cancer treatments, integrative oncology seeks to move patients beyond just the three standard cancer treatments of surgery, chemotherapy and radiation.
For early stage cancers, ICT is focused on:
- Decreasing side effects associated with radiation, chemotherapy and/or surgery
- Improving immune competency
During early stage cancers, integrative cancer therapy works alongside conventional therapies by enhancing the patient experience, decreasing side-effects and providing alternative cancer-cell destroying treatments.
For advanced-stage cancers, ICT seeks to convert an acutely progressive terminal disease into a chronic manageable disease. This is done by thinking beyond the standard three cancer treatments and incorporating a more comprehensive approach.
Integrative Cancer Therapy Treatment
Integrative oncology incorporates a number of different modalities that are designed to effectively target cancer resistant cells. Like all medical programs, ICT starts with diagnostics. Integrative cancer therapy diagnostics include:
- Chemotherapy sensitivity testing
- Ceruloplasmin level testing
- Lymphocyte subset panel
- Glucose, insulin and HbgA1C level testing
- Heavy metal testing
- Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs)
After diagnostics, integrative cancer treatment can begin. Each ICT treatment plan will vary depending on the individual cancer and patient. In addition to conventional oncology, integrative cancer therapy typically includes:
- Low-Dose Metronomic Chemotherapy
- pH Manipulation Therapy
- Diet and Nutritional Counseling
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- IV Therapy
- Pharmaceutical Drugs (used in an “off-label” fashion)
Benefits of Integrative Cancer Therapy
When provided by an integrative cancer therapy doctor, ICT provides many benefits when compared to traditional oncology. Some of these benefits include:
- Personalized chemotherapy, based on chemotherapy sensitivity testing
- Less toxic treatment with fewer, less debilitating side-effects
- More effective targeting of cancer resistant cells
- An immunity boosting program that affords patients a better quality of life
Ultimately, ICT provides treatment that goes beyond the standard cancer protocols and keeps the patient in mind at all times.
Request ICT Information Now
Integrative oncology offers an alternative to the traditional cancer treatment protocols. Request more information about ICT today: call (843) 213-1480 or contact Dr. Dalal Akoury online.