Adult Stem Cells in Myrtle Beach, SC
Stem cells are one of the most important advancements in modern medical science. Their potential applications for healing, aesthetic procedures and pain relief are nearly limitless. But many people are concerned about their creation: Is it true they all come from human embryos? The answer is no. Adult stem cells are created entirely from adult tissue; no embryos are used in the process. These stem cells can be drawn from either the patient himself or from a donor bank.
Request more information about adult stem cells today: Call (843) 213-1480 or contact Dr. Dalal Akoury online.
What are Adult Stem Cells?
Adult stem cells are stem cells drawn from the body of a healthy adult rather than from embryonic tissue. This means they aren’t controversial like embryonic stem cells, which may require the destruction of a human embryo.
Adult stem cells, like all stem cells, have special regenerative properties. This is because they take on the properties of the surrounding cells. Because of this, adult stem cells have many different uses, from minor aesthetic treatments to potentially life-saving procedures.
Adult stem cells come either from the patient himself or from a donor bank. It is much more common for the stem cells to be drawn from the patient. When the stem cells are drawn from the patient, they are also called autologous stem cells.
How are Adult Stem Cells Used?
Adult stem cells can be used in a variety of medical treatments. The list below represents a small portion of the many possible adult stem cell treatments. As medical science and the understanding of stem cells advance, the number of treatments will likely increase as well.
Possible treatments include:
- Adult stem cells for orthopedic care
- Adult stem cells for wound care
- Adult stem cells for cancer treatment
- Adult stem cells for infertility
- Adult stem cells for vaginal rejuvenation
- Adult stem cells for breast lifts
- Adult stem cells for musculoskeletal injury
- Adult stem cells for diabetes
- Adult stem cells for hair restoration
- Adult stem cells for skin rejuvenation
- Adult stem cells for organ Growth
- Adult stem cells for bone marrow growth
Adipose Stem Cells Versus Bone Marrow Stem Cells
Adult stem cells are generally placed into two categories, which are differentiated by how they are derived from the body. The categories are adipose stem cells and bone marrow stem cells.
- Adipose stem cells: This type of stem cell is drawn from fat deposits in the body. Using tumescent liposuction, the fat is drawn from the body. Then, with the use of special medical equipment, the stem cells are separated from the other fatty tissue. Adipose stem cells are less invasive to harvest from the patient, but they are more experimental.
- Bone marrow stem cells: As the name implies, bone marrow stem cells are drawn from within the patient’s bones. Here, the stem-cell-rich bone marrow is drawn from the patient intravenously. This is a more invasive procedure, but it has been used more historically.
Adult stem cells are often combined with platelet-rich plasma (PRP), but not always. Platelet-rich plasma is taken from the patient’s blood and enhances the regenerative qualities of stem cells because it has regenerative qualities as well.
Request Adult Stem Cell Information Today
Adult stem cells have the healing and regeneration power of embryonic stem cells, but without the controversy or potential moral issues. Request more information about adult stem cells today: Call (843) 213-1480 or contact Dr. Dalal Akoury online.