Bioidentical Hormones in Myrtle Beach, SC
Bioidentical hormones are chemically and biologically identical to the hormones produced naturally in the body. These plant-derived hormones are used as a part of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, a treatment designed to restore the natural hormone levels in men and women.
While bioidentical hormones are most commonly associated with the treatment of menopause and low testosterone, they have many other uses as well. Bioidentical hormones can be used to treat both men and women.
Request more information about bioidentical hormone treatment today: call (843) 213-1480 or contact Dr. Dalal Akoury online.
Types of Bioidentical Hormones
The most commonly used bioidentical hormones are testosterone and estrogen, both of which can be used to treat men and women. However, there are many other types of bioidentical hormones available. A list of commonly used bioidentical hormones includes:
- Bioidentical Testosterone: Used for the treatment of andropause, low testosterone and other issues.
- Bioidentical Estrogen: Used for the treatment of menopause and overproduction of progesterone.
- Bioidentical Progesterone: Used to treat women’s health issues and restore a healthy estrogen-progesterone balance.
- Bioidentical DHEA: Used to combat adrenal fatigue and the associated symptoms.
- Bioidentical Melatonin: Primarily used to restore circadian rhythm and to treat sleep disorders such as insomnia
- Bioidentical Pregnenolone: Used to restore a generally malfunctioning endocrine system.
What each of these bioidentical hormones have in common is that they are completely natural and plant-derived.
Bioidentical Hormone Treatment
There are many reasons why a person may seek out bioidentical hormone treatment. In essence, all reasons come back to one condition: hormonal imbalance.
Common hormonal imbalance symptoms for men and women include:
- Low libido
- Weight gain
- Muscle loss
- Hot flashes
- Mood swings
Bioidentical hormone treatment typically begins with a hormone level test. Hormone level tests can be performed on urine, blood or saliva. If a hormonal imbalance is detected, treatment using bioidentical hormones can begin. Bioidentical hormones can be delivered as:
- Hormone Pills
- Hormone Patches
- Hormone Pellets
- Hormone Gels
- Hormone Creams
All of these delivery methods are valid, but not all will be provided by every provider. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and bioidentical hormones are considered to be a safe and effective treatment.
Request More Information Today
Bioidentical hormones provide a way for men and women to avoid age-related decline and feel young again. Request more information about bioidentical hormones now: call (843) 213-1480 or contact Dr. Dalal Akoury online.