Tolerating drug use during holidays: Taking precautions when drinking
Today we have problems with our teens who are struggling with their life transformations from teens to adulthood. Because of this, there is a lot of consistency in tolerating drug use during this stage of life. Things often go bad during school vacations and family holidays when out celebrating. During this time, many young people often want to explore and fit in with their peers and the end product is the misuse of alcohol and drugs. It is because of the dangers that are associated with this habit that young people must take extra precautions when they are enjoying drinking in the company of their friends. From the expert’s point of view, doctor Dalal Akoury MD, President, and founder of AWAREmed health center make the following precautions for consideration by the teens:
- Never accept drinks from strangers.
- Always have you drink openly before you.
- When using drinking glasses never leave your glass or bottle half way when visiting the bathrooms and if you do an order for fresh drink and dispose of whatever you left halfway.
- Drink responsively less you intoxicate yourself for your prey to have a field day.
- Better still do not drink.
Stress is a big impediment to a drug-free society and our young people are very delicate during the holiday period. Parents and guardians must not exact unnecessary pressures to the youths during the holiday season. Personal issues, family conflicts, and financial matters may impact negatively on the health and well-being of an individual and because of these pressures youths tend to turn to drugs and alcohol to let loose and forget their problems. The temptation to go to parties, where alcohol and drugs are frequently offered, is high. When an individual is stressed it is important that they get a healthy amount of rest and sleep and take part in activities that can help decrease stress levels like exercise, yoga, meditation, listening to music or getting a massage.
Tolerating drug use during holidays: What to do when faced with drugs
Finally, I want to address the young people passionately on what to do when face with the discussed circumstances.
- Youths should understand that there are fun alternatives to using drugs over the holidays.
- Instead of resorting to drugs they can use friendly non-alcoholic drinks, such as smoothies or non-alcoholic cocktails.
- When they are invited to a party they should go with a friend who does not drink.
- At the party, they should engage in healthy conversation, dancing and enjoy the music.
- Eating is always a good way to distract the need of having a drink in your hand.
- Food can also make you full, thereby avoiding the need to drink.
- Most importantly, if they feel overwhelmed, they should ask for help.
- They should take the time to connect with other people who are willing to support them positively.
With all these information you will still need professional along the way. Doctor Dalal Akoury and her team of experts at AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center will always be there to care for you and administer treatment to you while focusing on Neuroendocrine Restoration (NER) to reinstate normality through the realization of the Oneness of Spirit, Mind, and Body, Unifying the threesome into ONE. Passing through doctor Akoury will give you an opportunity to get your life back in record time and live it to the fullest.
Drug addiction tolerance during holidays: The biggest cause of injuries