The claim that embryos are formed in a culture dish from which stem cells are harvested is a big lie no one should fall for. The truth is, stem cells are obtained from the fetuses that are aborted or eggs that are already fertilized but are leftovers obtained from in vitro fertilization. These are issues that were to be thrown away simply because they were not going to become human beings.
Embryonic stem cells however how much politics is trying to put it down, has made future medicine quite hopeful. The moment a patient is diagnosed with cancer whether pancreatic or liver, he or she is unlikely to make it past one year if the traditional methods are used.
If treated using embryonic stem cells and in a good fertility such as Beijing Great Wall International Cancer Centre, he or she has an 80% and above chance of survival. This is one of the things that makes the debates around it quite questionable?
God gave use everything, and now he is giving the world a chance to beat some of the fatal diseases such as cancer that previously had no cure. Why not take it? How the morals are applicable in eliminating what could save millions of lives?
The good news is, there are some countries that have taken keen measures to ensure that the patients going through the procedure are safe. Here are some of the reasons it should also be practiced in other countries.
- No side effect has been reported since embryonic stem cells stepped into the medicine world. The Beijing Great Wall International Cancer Centre has been using this technology for the year 2003 and had saved up to 10, 000 lives.
- The cells are only manufactured under surgical conditions that are sterile and obtained from eggs that are aged between 15 to 56 days.
- The processing and testing of each stem cells take up to two months when they are genetically tested for side effects, defects, and any other complications. If found unsuitable for use, they are discarded.
- These cells are frozen at a -196 degrees and kept in liquid nitrogen to prevent them from mutating and restored to the normal temperature of the human body before they are transplanted.
- Patients are taken through a thorough clinical, diagnostic treatment and medical counseling right after the procedure. One of the good things about embryonic stem cells is that they are hardly rejected by the body.
If you are looking for more information, you can get in touch with the Beijing Great Wall Cancer Centre whose services are now offered in the English language. The portal is named Stem Cell China.