Waist circumference in relation to weight gain: Adulthood obesity and overweight problems
If you are overweight, measuring your waist circumference can also give some information about your risk of developing health problems (particularly coronary heart disease and type 2 diabetes). For instance in the event that two overweight or obese people have the same BMI, then the person with a bigger waist circumference will be at a greater risk of developing health problems due to their weight. This is because it is not just whether you are carrying excess fat but where you are carrying it. The risks to your health are greater if you mainly carry a lot of extra fat around your waist rather than mainly on your hips and thighs. In doing this, taking the easiest way to measure your waist circumference is to place the tape measure around your waist at belly button level and the result for both genders will be:
Waist circumference in relation to weight gain: As a rule for men and women
- If you have a waist measurement of 94 cm to 101cm, the risk to your health is increased.
- If you have a waist measurement of 102 cm and above, the risk is even higher.
- If you have a waist measurement of 80 cm to 87cm, the risk to your health is increased.
- If you have a waist measurement of 88 cm and above, the risk is even higher.
It is very important to consult with your doctor about your weight and how it’s affecting your general health. For example at AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center under Doctor Akoury’s care, priority is given to clients of this nature and an evaluation is done professionally before the commencement of any recovery process. All these are based on Neuroendocrine Restoration (NER) to reinstate normality through the realization of the oneness of Spirit, Mind, and Body, Unifying the threesome into ONE. I don’t know what you think, but if I were you, calling doctor Akoury for more information and care should be the starting point for an assurance of better and healthier, comfortable life thereafter.
Besides the findings of your weight circumference, if you attest to the following feelings, then you need to call doctor Akoury for a medical evaluation on your general health.
- Feel tired and lacking in energy.
- Experience breathing problems (for example, shortness of breath when moving around, or not being able to cope with sudden bursts of physical activity like running across the road).
- Feel that you sweat a lot compared with other people.
- Develop skin irritation.
- Have difficulty sleeping.
- Get complaints from your partner that you snore.
- Experience back and joint pains which can affect your mobility.
Finally being obese or overweight may also lead to an increased risk of developing the following health condition besides the ones already mention:
- Complications in pregnancy (including an increased risk of high blood pressure during pregnancy, diabetes during pregnancy, preterm labor, caesarean section).
- Stress incontinence (leaking urine when you are, for example, laughing, coughing, etc).
- Sleep apnea (this is when your breathing patterns are disturbed while you are sleeping, due to excess weight around your chest, neck, and airways).
- Cancers (including colon, breast and endometrial (womb) cancer).
- Fatty liver.
- Impaired glucose tolerance (pre-diabetes).
- Type 2 diabetes.
- High cholesterol or triglyceride levels.
- Fertility problems.
- High blood pressure.
- Coronary heart disease.
With these complications, I can’t wait to meet with doctor Akoury over my weight issues. What about you?
Adulthood obesity and overweight problems: Possible solution with Doctor Akoury