Family health focus on obesity treatment: Collective involvement in weight loss
The entire family health focus should be on the big agenda of health restoration. It’s not about losing weight as much as it’s about eating right and being active in order to be healthy. According to doctor Dalal Akoury MD President and founder of AWAREmed health and wellness resource center, when everyone in the family is involved, it shows that eating healthy foods is not a diet for losing weight, but rather it’s a diet for being strong, fit and healthy, and it’s good for the entire family. Also, it’s not about short-term changes or quick solutions. When the family is on board and committed to making lifelong behavior changes, it highlights the positive while moving toward something good which can only be a happier, healthier family.
Family health focus on obesity treatment: Strategies of keeping the family involved
Even though, it is true that your determination supersedes the efforts made by the family to help you keep the desired weight, it is still very important that they embrace the plan in totality. The following guidelines may be helpful for you in keeping them fully engaged:
- To avoid temptation in the supermarket, put only the healthiest foods on your shopping list. Then ask your spouse and kids to have a “goodie run,” where they go to the market once a week and buy their favorite treats. Have them keep their treats in a place you don’t go every day maybe the garage or basement.
- Ask each member of the family to make a list of their favorite treat foods. Then pick those that you like least to keep in the house. They’ll be satisfied, and you won’t be nearly as tempted.
- If you all love the same treats, ask family members to eat the high-calorie ones outside the home. As a compromise offer to pick up the tab.
- Control the portions. You can make your family high-calorie dinners or desserts, but make only enough for one meal. No left-overs mean less temptation.
- Try the 5-2 Plan: Five days a week, you plan the meals; two days a week, others in the family get to choose where and what to eat. You compensate by eating smaller portions.
Remember that these strategies are only meant to have everyone on board. Careful attention must be taken to resist introduction of unhealthy foods under the cover of making compromises. Finally, in all the steps you take towards family health focus, it is equally important that you consult with the experts at AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center from time to time, a phone call is all you need and doctor Akoury will professionally attend to you with lots of respect and dignity. Remember that weight lose recovery is what she does best, call her today and jump to the world with renewed confidence.