Before you can purport to be fighting drug addiction, you must be well informed of what causes it and the signs to look forward to. Without this knowledge you may not succeed in your mission. That is why we want to first appreciate the importance of knowing symptoms of heroin overdose. Whereas addiction has such a wide coverage, our focus in this article is going to be on the substance heroin overdose. We spoke to doctor Dalal Akoury a veteran addiction expert of over two decades about the problem of heroin overdose and she is going to be very instrumental to us throughout this discussion. It will further interest you to note that the burden of defeating drug addiction was very much overwhelming to doctor Akoury watching how peoples both the young and the old and not forgetting the infants yet to be born suffer from the scourge of addiction. This made her to make a worthy decision to create a medical center (AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center) with a primary objective of transforming each individual’s life through increasing awareness about health and wellness and by empowering individuals to find their own inner healing power. Over the years Dr. Akoury’s practice has been focusing on personalized medicine through healthy lifestyle choices that deal with primary prevention and underlying causes instead of patching up symptoms. It therefore means that if you are struggling with any form of addiction, not necessarily heroin, you can schedule for an appointment with doctor Akoury today for the commencing of your treatment in the most professional manner that will leave much healthier living your life to the fullest.
The signs of an overdose on heroin are many and they often appear too quickly after the intake of the substance. Some people can have a conversation or do other things before the signs appear. However others may find that they begin unveiling heroin overdose symptoms within minutes after taking a dose of the drug. The following are some of the symptoms of heroin overdose:
- For lighter skinned people, the skin tone turns bluish purple, for darker skinned people, it turns grayish or ashen.
- Difficulty breathing
- Decreased breathing
- Stomach cramps
- Dilated pupils
- Body is very limp
- White patches on the tongue
- Drop in blood pressure
- Reduced heart rate
- Breathing is very slow and shallow, erratic, or has stopped
- Muscle spasms
- Dry mouth
- Bluish tinge to the mouth
- Bluish tinge on the fingernails
With the knowledge of these symptoms you can now proceed progressively knowing where to start from. Drug addiction is very complicated and can cause you your life if proper care and attention is not given to the victims. That is why doctor Akoury had to come up with this facility to help in reducing the pain victims go through. Besides individual treatment to direct victims, doctor Akoury is treatment also focuses on neuroendocrine restoration (NER) to reinstate normality through realization of the oneness of spirit, mind, and body, unifying the threesome into one. This she does exclusively not just to the direct victims but also to other physicians and health care professionals through training, clinical apprenticeships, webinars and seminars. As a matter of fact AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center, being one of the leading pioneers in natural and holistic addiction treatment, will be conducting the first educational, functional and integrative addiction conference targeting professionals like doctors, counselors, nurses and addiction therapists. The conference is schedule for August 23-25 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This new frontier in addiction medicine will be conducted by the most influential group of leading visionaries specializing in the latest advances in natural and integrative addiction medicine, under the theme “The Future of Integrative Addiction”. It is one in a life time conference which you do not want to miss. And for more information, login www.integrativeaddiction2015.com
You are highly welcomed to this great opportunity where the who is who in medicine have confirmed their attendance.
Just to tip you off, the following are some of the professionals attending including the keynote speaker, Dalal Akoury, MD discussing The Hijacked Mind that is “How does it get there and how does is leave” Others include:
- Sean Devlin, DO, HMD, will be focusing on “How to Recognize Addiction: Emergency care room and Addiction. Preliminary diagnostics and coping with life-saving measures when patients have overdose on substances of abuse/alcohol and drugs.
- Kenneth Proefrock, NMD, will be lecturing on Naturopathic Considerations for Treating Patients with Addiction.
- Doctor Elizabeth Stuller, MD will focus on Pyscho Neuroendocrine Immune Restoration essential to reverse addiction. She will address the Neurotransmitters and the proper Diagnostics tools including and Genetic Testing and clinical evaluations. She will also emphasis the role of Biofeedback and addiction therapy. She will also highlight the role of NAD.
- William S Eidelman, MD an expert on eon Cranial Electrotherapy and Addiction: Will reveal A Revolutionary Breakthrough to Eliminate Cigarette Cravings.
- Mitch Ghen, DO, will be uncovering the Myth on Sex Addiction, with emphasis on Women Sex Addiction. Dr. Ghen will be providing information on effective natural therapies to treat sex addiction.
- Shoreh Ershadi, PharmD, will underscore the Important Role of Menopause and Neurosteroids in Sexual, Gender and Addictive Disorders.
- Sahar Swidan, Pharm.D, An authority on Pain and Addiction: Will discuss the role of Endocannabinoid receptors, deficiencies in the disease of addiction. She will also delineate the medical consequences and health implications of the new Marijuana Law.
Finally your life and most importantly your health cannot be compared with anything. If drug addiction is the problem that wants to cut short your life, we can deal with it if only you can allow us by scheduling for an appointment with doctor Dalal Akoury today. Our great assignment is to see you healthy, productive and comfortable. Talk to us today and let the journey of your recovery begin right away.