Dr. Dalal Akoury
Studies have shown that if women keep a normal weight, ate nutritious foods, reduced alcohol intake and increased physical activity, stopped smoking, and breast fed, that 50% of breast cancer cases could have been prevented or delayed.
AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center – Breast Cancer Prevention -What are the fun fantastic foods for prevention? Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
– Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage: these vegetables have nutrients that have shown improved survival rates with women ages 20-75 diagnosed with breast cancer
– Beans, lentils, plant foods with lignans: a high fiber diet consisting of these plant foods helps reduce the risk if eaten twice a week
– Mushrooms: contain anti-tumor agents and boost the immune system to help lower the risk of breast cancer
– Green Tea– polyphenols are the antioxidant found in green tea that was shown to fight breast cancer in animals. However this tea has shown to fight the risks of other types of cancer in humans when drank daily.
– Soy– Organic, fermented soy is great to prevent breast cancer
– Mangosteen: a fruit or juice that has many anti-oxidants to postpone cancer. Lab studies have shown that it can decrease the growth of cancer cells and ultimately lower your risk
AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center – Breast Cancer Prevention -What are the foods to avoid? Myrtle Beach – South Carolina
– When a woman reaches premenopause, it is suggested to cut back red meat because studies have shown that she produces more estrogen and progesterone that leads to a high risk of breast cancer.
– High- Carb diets should be completely avoided, especially white breads and potatoes because the simple carbohydrates have high sugar which can raise your risk
AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center – Breast Cancer Prevention-What are the supplements to used to supply my health? Myrtle Beach – South Carolina
– Black Cohosh: is an herb that can kill different estrogen receptors which is good because too much estrogen can cause breast cancer.
– Bitter Melon extract: is an extract that studies have shown to fight off some of the breast cancer cells.
– Cat’s Claw: is an herb that is known to prevent cancer.
– Curcumin: is a cancer preventing agent retracted from the spice turmeric that helps with anti-inflammatory agents and helps the cell replicate in an extremely healthy way
– DIM or also known as Indole-3-carbinol: is a phytochemical that is found in supplements and certain vegetables including cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflower to kill cancer cells and delay the spread of more of them.
– Fish Oil: studies have shown that this may prevent the onset of breast cancer especially because of the omega 3’s.
– Melatonin: supplements can reduce estrogen secretion, stop the spread of cancer cells and help the immune system.
English: Recurrent breast cancer (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
– Resveratrol: is mainly found in wine and somewhat prohibits estrogen secretion, especially to women who have tumors that are already resistant to other treatments
– Sulforaphane: is a chemical found in broccoli, kale and Brussels sprouts. It has proven to inhibit the major growth of breast cancer cells.
– Vitamin D and Calcium: is found in supplements, milk, leafy green vegetables, and certain fish and nuts. Studies have shown that can shut off a certain hormone called IGF, which actively produces cells that can cause breast cancer.
– Vitamin E: is found in spinach, tomatoes, broccoli and avocado. It is a powerful antioxidant and kills free radicals that cause cancer.
AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center – Breast Cancer Prevention-Food Therapy for *Post Breast Cancer? Myrtle Beach – South Carolina
AWAREmed: Breast Cancer Prevention – Healthy You, Healthy Ta-ta’s!
Women surviving breast cancer are encouraged to stay lean and healthy afterwards because it is proven that they have a better survival rate than women that are overweight. Lifting weights increases the chances of surviving breast cancer and helps women feel confident, stronger and have more energy. Yoga also helps to women to relax, reduce stress and get back into their daily routines.
AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center – Breast Cancer Prevention-Natural Supplements for Post Breast Cancer Treatment – Myrtle Beach – South Carolina
Cordyceps sinensis – may reduce metastases after surgical removal of the primary tumor.
Ginseng – A small amount has been known to increase survival rate in associated in women with breast cancer.
Vanillin – extract may have a positive impact and is currently being studied.
Soy isoflavones – High dietary intake helps lower the risk of recurrence in post-menopausal women and those who were receiving hormone therapy.
Coffee – drinking coffee or tea may reduce the risk of cancer, because of the antioxidants that are in coffee.
Drug therapy and prevention
Tamoxifen – Is a drug that is prescribed to women that have a famility history of breast cancer.
Raloxifene– is also sometimes prescribed to reduce the risk
Tibolone – another drug that helps reduce the risk of breast cancer and has a higher percentage of reducing risks over the other two drugs.
There are some risks involved with these drugs. Tamoxifen and raloxifene increase the risk of blood clots, tamoxifen increases the risk of endometrial cancer, and tibolone increases the risk of stroke.
AWAREmed: Breast Cancer Prevention – Hormone therapy for breast cancer
Hormone therapy is a treatment that removes hormones or blocks their action and stops cancer cells from growing. Hormones are produced by glands in the body and travel in the bloodstream. Some hormones can cause certain cancers to grow such as estrogen. Hormone therapy with tamoxifen is usually given to women with early stages of breast cancer and those that the cancer that has spread to other parts of the body). Hormone therapy with tamoxifen or estrogens may increase the chance of endometrial cancer. So women taking tamoxifen should have a annual pelvic examination to check for any signs of cancer.
So the natural way can help you beat breast cancer.
AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center – Breast Cancer Prevention – NEW! – Wellness Live Chat! Myrtle Beach – South Carolina
Beginning on Wednesday, October 3, at our AWAREMedlocation, from 6-7:30 pm ET, our series will focus on various topics of health, wellness, prevention and disease treatment options covering aspects of the complete body, mind, and spiritual health.
Dr. Akoury’s presentations are geared towards the medical profession and anyone who is interested in learning how to find complete wellness for themselves. The presentations are easy to understand, given in a relaxed and serene atmosphere, and in terms the general public can comprehend and embrace. So join in and learn how to heal your whole body the natural way!
Breast Cancer Prevention, Healthy You, Healthy Ta-ta’s
Breast Cancer Prevention, Healthy Ta-ta’s!
wordpress: Something1 and Something1