The frustrations that are associated with alcohol and drug addiction can make one to jump into conclusion without really getting the facts correctly. It is true that when one is struggling with any kind of addiction, treatment is very necessary and detoxification is very instrumental in laying the foundation for proper treatment. The challenge that many people often have includes that of identification of the right experts for the job. It is important to note that when the right choice is not made from the beginning, then the whole process is likely to be even more frustrating, demoralizing because the desired objectives may not be realized. In our previous article we did mentioned that detox is very important for individuals suffering from alcohol and drug abuse. We also noted that for this to be done effectively, certain protocols must be observed. In view of this and so that we avoid making costly mistakes, we want to focus the discussion of this article on identifying the right inpatient medical detox facility because it is emerging that not all that glitters is not gold. Many inpatient facilities are business oriented and are focusing more on the financial returns than the key objective of transforming lives. To that effect, doctor Dalal Akoury who is an addiction expert of several decades and also the founder of AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center is going to help us in unlocking the facts about what we must look for, and questions we must ask to get value for our money and eventually free ourselves and loved ones from the scourge of addiction.
To start us off, doctor Akoury is highlighting certain things to ask for before going to an inpatient medical detox facility. She says that it is very important that anyone seeking medical detox at an inpatient facility should ask the following questions and must ensure satisfactory responses from the people concerned:
- What is the medical protocol for the substance from which the person will be detoxing?
- Enquire of to know about changes if any that will be made to the medical protocol if the patient reacts differently to the withdrawal than earlier expected?
- What is the length of time like for instance does the facility offer 24-hour medical supervision?
- Trace the statistics of the facility and find out what percentage of people who start a medical detox that actually completes it?
- What is the estimated time required for the detox requested?
- Will the person leave the medical detox facility on new drugs?
- Can the person walk outside and what is the surrounding environment like security wise in terms of availability of potential triggers?
- Enquire if the facility has some prohibitions like are there any restrictions on smoking, watching television, making telephone calls, eating meals and internet access?
- Assess the level of privacy within the facility. That is to say does the person have a private room?
- Read wide and find out for yourself about the experiences your predecessors have. Find out what are the comments of former patients about their experience at the facility?
There are a lot one will need to find out and this is just a pointer to the approach one should always take in identifying the right inpatient medical detox facility. Depending on the way you the above is responded to, you can carry out a self-evaluation on the suitability of the facility.
Inpatient medical detox facility appropriate for healing addiction: The AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center experience
If these questions were to be directed to us at AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center, we would answer these questions in the following way to help you stick with professionalism and assurance of delivery of results that are not only timely but are also going to last for a life time:
- The AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center protocol includes not only the standard medical handlings but also hydration, vitamins, minerals and good food. This gives us the zeal to deliver on our objectives effectively.
- AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center offers 24-hour medical supervision is continually monitoring the patient’s progress and frequently will adjust the rate of the patient’s taper in accordance with the comfort and safety of the patient.
- AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center has a more than 90% completion rate of people who start their medical detox at our facility.
- Generally, people can complete their detox in from six to eight days and even very high doses of opioids can be detoxed in less than fourteen days.
- The person will not leave on additional drugs.
- AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center is on 3.25 treed acres and our patients regularly take walks or sit outside.
- AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center has designated smoking areas but our patients are free to smoke at any time. They have a television in their room. They have a phone in their room and there are no restrictions on cellphone usage. They have internet access and the food is rated as excellent by patients.
- Each AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center patient has his/her own private room.
- There are patient comment forms available for review.
Do we know that if you come to AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center you will not revert to using the substance from which you detoxed? Absolutely No, however what we can associate ourselves with is that almost all of our patients complete their medical detox and that their testimonies keeps us to be among the leading addiction solution providers in the global market. We are actually not a shame to note our team of experts have impacted positively to all our clients both at the present and in the past thereby making all patients who have passed through AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center feeling better than they have in years before. This is what we take pride in and we would wish to request you not to stay with your problem in silence, remember that a problem share is half way solved. Therefore if you or anyone you know is struggling with any kind of addiction, then you have an opportunity of regaining your life back by scheduling for an appointment with doctor Dalal Akoury today.