Dr. Dalal Akoury
Breast Cancer Awareness; YOU Can Survive Breast Cancer
More women are surviving breast cancer because of Breast Cancer Awareness today, than ever before. With the knowledge we have today we are able to make decisions to prevent breast cancer through awareness, early detection, nutrition and exercise. Breast Cancer Awareness; Breast cancer begins in the ducts of the breast and can spread to the surrounding tissue. If it the cancer is left undetected, it will spread to other areas of the body and will be more difficult to treat.
– There has been over 11,000 cases of breast cancer that has begun to spread in women under the age of 40 and over 1,000 deaths for the same age group in 2011.
– Breast Cancer Awareness; Breast cancer increases with age with most of the new cases and deaths occurring in women forty years old and older.
Are You at Risk for Breast Cancer? Dr. Dalal Akoury answers
Breast Cancer Awareness is the answer
Risk factors for; Breast Cancer Awareness; breast cancer are listed by Dr. Dalal Akoury:
Breast Cancer Awareness is the primary goal of AWAREmed
– Gender: Woman are more at risk for breast cancer, but men can also get it. However, women are 100 times more at risk than men because of the female hormones estrogen and progesterone that causes the abnormal cell growth.
– Race: African American women are more susceptible to getting breast cancer than those who are not.
– Age: Women approaching 40 years of age are at risk for breast cancer. 1 out of 8 breast cancers that have already
Begun to spread are found in women under 45 years in age.
– Genetic: Breast Cancer Awareness; Breast cancer can be hereditary. 5 to 10 breast cancer cases are found to be related to genetics.
– Using oral contraceptives increase breast cancer for women slightly over those who have never used them.
– The use of combined post menopausal hormone therapy can increase the risk of getting breast cancer.
– Smoking, drinking alcohol, undue stress, poor diet and obesity all contribute to the increased risk of getting breast cancer.
Signs or symptoms: of Breast cancer are listed by Dr. Dalal Akoury
The most common sign or symptom is finding a lump or mass in the breasts. They are usually painless, hard and have irregular edges, but they can be soft as well. Other signs are swelling on part or all of the breast, skin thickening or irritation, nipple pain, redness or unusual nipple discharge. Breast cancer can spread to the lymph nodes under the arm and cause a lump or swelling there. It is always important to have any new mass or lump checked out by your health care professional.
Breast Cancer Awareness?
Breast Cancer Awareness; How Do I Check Myself for Breast Cancer? Dr. Dalal Akoury teaches
Women beginning in their 20s should begin regularly doing breast self exam. Be sure to do this even if you have breast implants, as there is still breast tissue. However, breast augmentation does not increase the risk of breast cancer.
– To do a breast self exam, lie down on your back and use the three middle fingers to feel for any lumps on your opposite breast. Press firmly and use a small circular motion to feel the breast tissue. Notify your doctor if you feel anything out of the ordinary.
Prevention measures to reduce breast cancer awareness and Survive Breast Cancer :
– Regular screening is the most important thing you can do for prevention because you can catch the cancer at an early stage and can Survive Breast Cancer
– Be sure to get your annual mammogram once you reach the age of 40.
– Reduce your body weight if you are obese. You can reduce your weight by taking in less calories than you burn. Less calories in and more calories burned will mean more weight lost.
– Increase your physical activity to at least 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week, even if it is just walking.
– Eat a healthy, well- balanced diet.
A diet that contains vegetables, whole grains, fish, poultry, fruits and low fat dairy will help you Breast Cancer Awareness help you Survive Breast Cancer and reduce risk of breast cancer. Reduce high fat diets that include hydrogenated oils that are usually found in most processed foods, like cakes and cookies. Avoid high carb diets that are mostly simple carbs that include candy and sodas.
What are the Best Food and Supplements to help you Survive Breast Cancer? is part of Dr. Dalal Akoury breast cancer treatment protocol.
– Organic vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, turnip greens, tomato, carrots
– Eat dark colored fruits such as blueberries, raspberries and cherries.
– Get enough foods with vitamin D. That includes skim milk, fat free yogurts with live cultures, cottage cheese and
Breast Cancer Awareness
eggs. Don’t forget the sunlight, but in moderation, which is a great source of vitamin D.
– Be sure to eat foods that are rich in Omega 3. They are cold water fish such as; salmon, tuna, swordfish, crab and sardines.
– Nuts also are a great source of Omega 3 as well as an antioxidant. They include walnuts, pecans, and almonds.
Some vital supplements that help prevent breast cancer are:
– Black Cohosh
Breast Cancer Awareness
– Fish Oil
– Vitamin D
Breast Cancer Awareness; Get Moving Prevent and Survive Breast Cancer! this is Dr. Dalal Akoury’s philosophy
Many studies have shown females who work out moderate to vigorously for a few hours a week have reduced their risk of breast cancer 30 to 40 percent.
It reduces hormone levels of estrogen and progesterone which causes breast cancer at a faster rate. Physically fit women have a better chance of surviving breast cancer than overweight or obese women.
Some basic exercises that would help would be:
– Walking, jogging or hiking at a moderate pace for 30 minutes a day.
– Moderate swimming on a regular basis.
– Cycling outdoors or doing spinning sessions at a gym.
– Experiment with yoga classes.
– Try zumba or kickboxing classes.
Breast Cancer Awareness; One Last Word on how to Survive Breast Cancer explains Dr. Dalal Akoury
Women who are reaching menopause are estrogen dominant are more likely to get breast cancer. This hormonal imbalance increases risk of breast cancer. The omega 3’s and soy based foods help reduce the risk of hormonal imbalance.
– Also remove xenoestrogens:
They are chemicals that mimic estrogen in the body and are in pesticides and plastics. Cut back on processed foods because some common food preservations are xenoestrogen. Switch to organic meats because some of the hormones that are used to make most store bought chicken and cattle grow larger are xenoestrogens.
Breast Cancer Awareness; YOU Can Survive Breast Cancer with Dr. Dalal Akoury Wellness Live Chat!
Beginning on Wednesday, October 3, at our AWAREMed location, from 6-7:30 pm ET, our series will focus on various topics of health, wellness, prevention and disease treatment options covering aspects of the complete body, mind, and spiritual health.
Dr. Akoury’s presentations are geared towards the medical profession and anyone who is interested in learning how to find complete wellness for themselves. The presentations are easy to understand, given in a relaxed and serene atmosphere, and in terms the general public can comprehend and embrace. So join in and learn how to heal your whole body the natural way!
YOU Can Survive Breast Cancer